Many beginners believe that home workouts do not allow pumping up their arms, that is, they consider going to the gym a must. This misconception is due to a lack of awareness of working with sports equipment such as dumbbells. A correctly designed program without visiting the gym allows you to pump your biceps well. The main thing is to approach the issue competently.
Dumbbells are a basic multifunctional apparatus that is immediately ready to use, does not take up much space and does not require any additional settings. This sports equipment allows you to pump almost all muscle groups, including the arms, and you can work with it not only in the gym, but also at home.
The biceps is a biceps muscle responsible for turning the wrist and bending the arms … Triceps is the triceps muscle that is responsible for extending the upper limbs. Visually, the volume of the arms is 70% dependent on the triceps and 30% on the biceps. To pump these muscle groups, it is enough to understand the basic principles of their training and what exercises help in achieving this goal. This will help you to create the right training program.
Basic rules of good training on arms with dumbbells
Muscles begin to grow exclusively in a state of stress. It is necessary to shock the muscles, but only so that the classes are as safe as possible. If the precautions are not taken, there is a risk of injury. To avoid such adverse effects, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Always start your workout with a warm-up. Stretching increases muscle elasticity and reduces the likelihood of injury. In addition, it is recommended to do the first approach after warm-up not with full working weights, but with a half.
- Exercise with the correct frequency. To avoid overtraining, it should be borne in mind that biceps and triceps are involved in other activities on the shoulder girdle, chest and back. The optimal frequency for muscle training is once every 4-7 days. If you exercise more often, the muscles will get overworked. The number of approaches should vary from 3 to 4 times with 8-12 repetitions each.
- Do basic exercises. It is necessary to start pumping the muscles of the arms with dumbbells with mastering and performing basic movements. This is especially true for the first months of training.
- Performing the training is technically correct. If you do not observe the correct movements, it is impossible to achieve muscle contraction and stretching. Without this aspect, the muscles do not develop and pump.
- Dedicate a separate day to hands-on exercises. This will allow the biceps and triceps to grow much faster and more intensely. Splits into opposite muscles (biceps-triceps) allow you to get the effect of stretching and contraction. This training method is most effective.
Best Dumbbell Biceps Exercises
To make quick progress and achieve good results, you need to focus solely on the best dumbbell movements.
Standing biceps curls
Performed as follows:
- I spread my legs t to the width of the shoulders, and the elbows are held at the body, and not taken to the sides.
- When inhaling, the arms are bent at the elbow joints, and when exhaling, they are extended.
- Be sure to stay for a second then when the muscles are maximally contracted, but do not press the dumbbells to the shoulders.
Do not allow sudden movements or bend the hands.
Lifting with dumbbells for biceps should be done first in the training … You can do the exercise alternately and at the same time. You need to decide on the load yourself. The main thing is not to allow excessive swinging and jerking of the body.
Concentrated dumbbell lifts
- Sit on a bench or other similar device.
- Rest on the inner side of the thigh with the elbow.
- Bend and bring the arm to the chest.
- No body movements. They work only with the hand.
- Raise the arm with exhalation, and lower it with inhalation.
- Do not allow sudden movements. All concentration is solely on the exercise.
Such lifts explode muscles well.
Biceps curls on an incline bench
Technique of execution:
- The bench is installed at an acute angle. If there is no such device, a similar position, putting something under the lower back, is taken in a regular chair.
- The arm is bent so that the movement is performed exclusively in the elbow joint.
- Without any delay at the extreme point, the arm is immediately lowered.
- Bending is done with inhalation, and with exhalation, extension.
This exercise allows you to stretch the muscles well, which contributes to better pumping of the biceps, so after it there is a sharp flow of blood. Raises are done on each hand in turn.
- Dumbbells are taken with a neutral grip.
- The projectile is raised, avoiding jerks and swaying.
- Hands should be held along the body.
- B the extreme top point is held for a second.
- It is important to monitor the evenness of breathing and keep the correct pace.
This exercise works out the brachialis. This muscle is located under both biceps heads, giving them more volume.
Best Triceps Dumbbell Exercises
The movements below are great for building arm muscles outside the gym.
Performed as follows:
- They take dumbbells in their hands and lie either on the floor or on a bench, that is, a stable horizontal surface.
- Squeeze and unfold the shells in parallel.
- Hands are lowered along the body to the lower part chest or upper abdomen with inhalation. The elbows must not be pulled to the side.
- Be sure to keep the hands perpendicular to the plane of the floor, and move the elbows only close to the body.
- No delays. Dumbbells immediately squeeze and exhale air from the lungs.
This exercise is classic for working out the triceps. It requires careful execution and complete control over every movement you make. Thanks to these presses, the triceps becomes more prominent, and, most importantly, increases in volume.
French bench press
Done according to the following technique:
- Take a comfortable lying position with the main emphasis on the legs. It is most convenient to press on a bench or other surface that allows you to take the correct support.
- Squeeze the shells in front of the face. The dumbbells are slowly lowered along the sides of the head to the level of the forehead and inhale the air.
- The arms should be perpendicular to the elbows to the floor surface.
- Extend the arm with exhalation.
- Whole work should be carried out only thanks to the movements of the elbows and the effort of the triceps.
The exercise can be performed simultaneously on both hands or separately on each. Everyone chooses the best option for himself. This press gives the arms aesthetic appeal.
French press standing
To do this exercise , you must adhere to the following technique:
- The dumbbells are held perpendicular to the floor above the head.
- The projectile is lowered behind the head and brought to the level of the cervical vertebrae, thereby stretching the triceps.
- Do not move the elbow joints. They must remain stationary.
Similar to the previous exercise, this bench press is done either simultaneously or separately. The latter option is considered more preferable.