Can CrossFit Workout Promote Weight Loss for Female Athletes? Intense functional exercise can really help shape your dream figure, strength and endurance. Today we will analyze the basic principles and features of this system, the basic exercises for fat burning, and also prepare several types of CrossFit training programs for girls: both beginners and already experienced athletes who want to lose weight.
Before we proceed directly to the analysis of the complexes, we will analyze the basic principles associated with crossfit and weight loss in principle.
Why is crossfit training more effective for losing weight?
Why will such training be effective for girls who want to lose weight? How are they better compared to, say, regular cardio? Let’s figure it out.
Variety of complexes and exercises
You never have to repeat the same thing from workout to workout. And those who have gone through this understand that it is difficult not to start, and not to break down somewhere in the process. When you do one complex from week to week, sooner or later the day will come when it will get bored “like a bitter radish”.
Crossfit training, on the other hand, is pure fun, especially in group training. You never know what the coach came up with for you today. And if you are preparing a program for yourself, then you can constantly alternate exercises, replacing them with similar ones, since there is a very large selection of them in CrossFit.
The body will be in good shape
CrossFit combines aerobic and strength work. Thanks to the latter, your muscles will always be in good shape. After all, you can lose excess fat in different ways, and the results may be different. If you do not do strength work and do only cardio, then the body will happily get rid of unnecessary muscles, in the end, although you will lose weight, you may look even worse than before. You need to focus not on weight, because when losing weight, the body sheds not only fat, but also water and muscles. That is why the main indicator of successful fat burning are measurements and appearance.
In addition, in addition to the external result, your body after crossfit training will be healthy – metabolic processes, metabolism will accelerate, you will eat well and sleep soundly.
How many calories will you burn?
The average rate of calorie burning in crossfit training is 12-16 kcal per minute for girls. With a workout of 40-45 minutes, it turns out 600-700 per session. Some complexes will help you burn up to 1000 calories at a time. Not bad, huh?
Important rules for effective fat burning
Training is training, but we must not forget about two other basic principles of effective bodybuilding. Of course, this is nutrition and recovery (rest).
Do not listen if someone tells you that, they say, do CrossFit and eat everything – everything will burn out. With a surplus of calories, it is impossible to lose weight.
Of course, the topic of healthy eating when doing CrossFit for girls who want to lose weight is a separate and very voluminous topic. Let’s walk through the thesis:
- The most important thing is the daily calorie deficit . Calculate your daily rate using special formulas. Then subtract 15-20% from it and you will get calories for weight loss. It is no longer possible to make a deficit, the efficiency will be lower.
- Reduce your calorie intake gradually over your regular diet. There is no need for sudden jumps in training or nutrition. For example, if you consumed 2500 calories, and now you need to switch to 1500, do it in 2-3 stages (weekly), and do not immediately cut off the diet for 1000 calories.
- Set up a proper diet – small portions, many times a day. Ideally 5 times a day. But at least three! Eating after 18 is not only possible, but also necessary.
- Keep track of what foods you eat at what time of day. In the first half of the day, carbohydrates should prevail, in the second, proteins. This requirement is optional, but desirable to fulfill. The fact is that with a daily calorie deficit, you will lose weight in any case, even if you eat carbohydrates at night. But in this case, you will simply have little energy for work / study and, most importantly, for training. This is why complex carbohydrates are best eaten in the morning and a couple of hours before exercise. If nothing gets in you in the morning, that’s okay. This is only a recommendation, not an ironclad rule.
- The quality of the food. The diet should be balanced and include everything you need – animal proteins (1.5-2 g per kg of body weight), complex carbohydrates (1-2 g per kg of body weight), unsaturated fats (0.8-1 g per kg of body weight), fiber , vitamins, etc. Do not forget to drink clean water – about 33-35 ml per kg of body weight per day.
Let’s go back to sports. In addition to effective training and proper nutrition, it is very important to allow your body to recover.. Feel your body – no need to drive yourself like a racehorse with your last bit of strength. Strike a harmonious balance between exercise and rest:
- For trained athletes, we recommend training 3-4 times a week.
- For beginners – 2-3 times will be enough. You can start with two sessions and train like this for at least the first month, and then switch to 3 workouts per week – every other day.
Sleep is very important – at least 8 hours a day.
We have prepared two basic programs for a month for you. One of the calculation of classes without a gym, the second in it.
Recall that all crossfit training complexes are built according to the following scheme:
- Warm up for 5-10 minutes ( do not neglect it to avoid injury ).
- Main program for 15-60 minutes.
- Slow cool down with stretching for 5-10 minutes.
An excellent set of crossfit weight loss exercises for girls is presented in the following videos:
Program without sports equipment for girls
The first crossfit weight loss training program is designed for a month, can be performed anywhere, since it does not require iron equipment. This is a complex of simple exercises with an emphasis on your own weight, with the obligatory inclusion of rest days, which are an obligatory part of training programs focused on maintaining the body in a healthy shape.